Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sphaghettini with Lemon, Prosciutto and Chilli

I'm currently so into Bill Grainger's cook books. I love the way his books are styled, the simple no frills type of recipes, crisp writing and pictures that are simple and clean. I used to try and catch his cook shows on telly whenever I could over the weekends but unfortunately they don't air it anymore. Such a shame! From watching his cooking shows, I fell in love with his home. Especially so his kitchen! Imagine having a kitchen that is dressed all in white and with huge windows all around, lots of natural light streaming in and with an ocean view to die for. I happened to mention Bill Grainger to my boss one day and I almost fell off my chair when she replied that she knows him, have been to his house on a couple of occassions and even had a meal at his place. How wild can that be!



Sphaghettini with Lemon, Prosciutto and Chilli
Recipe adapted from Bills Food by Bill Grainger
(Serves 4)


Ingredients:

1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 medium size fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
12 slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips (I used parma ham and grilled bacon as prosciutto was way too expensive)
1 1/2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
3 cloves raw garlic, finely minced
250g rocket leaves, shredded
3 sprigs of fresh basil, shredded
400g good quality dried thin spaghettini

Method:

1) Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, chilli, garlic and some salt and pepper in a bowl to blend.

2) Put the prosciutto, lemon zest, rocket leaves and basil leaves in a bowl and toss to combine.

3) Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghettini and cook until al dente. Drain and add to the prosciutto, rocket and basil. Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.

4) Transfer to a large serving dish or divide among four bowls. Serve whilst still warm with some crusty garlic bread and side salad.



13 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow awesome presnetation....Looks yum....

Deepthi Shankar said...

I love spaghetti .. lovely flavors there

Anonymous said...

This pasta dish looks so fresh.

Kana said...

This dish looks fresh and light!

Anonymous said...

What a yummy bowl of Sphaghettini! Delicious with lemon prosciutto and chilli!

Laurie said...

I love this simple spaghetti recipe. Very refreshing for the summer. :)

NKP said...

That looks totally delicious. I love pasta. I don't know Bill Grainger, I don't think, I'll look him up.

The Duo Dishes said...

Citrus is one of our favorite flavors, so combining it with proscuitto and chili is great.

Selba said...

Wow! This must be really delicious!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Looks so blissful and I love the proscuitto and lemon addition to sphagetti... nice color and am craving for some now!!!

ICook4Fun said...

mmmmmm look so light and refreshing. Beautiful presentation tool.

pigpigscorner said...

Such wonderful flavours! So refreshing and love the addition of chili!

Jo said...

Hi all, thanks for dropping by. This recipe was somewhat unusual from our normal pasta type of meal and I would say it was certainly refreshing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails