Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mini Baked Cheesecakes

Although I bake, my husband doesn't eat any of my creations. He is not a cake or cookie person. I'll give him a taste but all he says is "it too floury ..." Huh, what's that!! Hello, of course it's floury - it's a cake and one of the main ingredients is flour. What can I say .... I'm certainly not getting any feedback from him as to whether it's nice or not! I've given up hope on him. My brother-in-law is the same as well which is one of the reasons my sister seldom bakes. His comment is "it's too eggy!!" Men!

So what do I do - I bake and take it to the office. So far I've not had any rejects, just ... oohhhs!!



However there's a some desserts my husband will take ... ice-cream, jelly and anything with cheese in it.

So to take pity on him I decided to make him some cheesecake. Rather than make a no-bake refrigerated one, which is what I would usually do, I tried a baked mini cheesecake. It was easy to make and furthermore easy to serve - no messy cutting whatsoever. I served it with slices of peaches but any fruit will work just as well.


Makes 10 - 12 mini cheesecakes

(recipe from Exclusively Food)

Base:

150g Nice biscuit (or you could use digestive biscuit)
70g melted butter

Filing:

250g cream cheese, softened
75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
1 large egg (weight about 59g)
200ml (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
100ml (5 Tbsp) thickened cream

Method:

1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (160 degress Celcius fan-forced)

2) Line 10 holes of a muffin pan with muffin cases.

3) Finely crush biscuit in a good processor or blender. If using processor, add the melted butter to the crumbs and process until well combined. If using blender, tip the crumbs into a bowl and then stir in the butter.

4) Divide biscuit mixture evenly among the cases (about one firmly packed Tbsp per case. Firmly press mixture down with the back of a teaspoon until smooth. Set bases aside whilst making the filing.

5) Beat cream cheese and caster sugar in an electric mixer or food processor. Stop the machine a couple of times to scrape down th sides and base of the bowl. When the mixture is completely smooth and creamy, add egg and beat until combined. Add lemon juice and cream and beat until well combined. Divide mixture evenly among cases.

6) Bake cheesecakes for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes.

7) Remove cheesecakes from pan, place in an airtight container and refrigerate. Cheesecakes are ready to serve when they are cold and set. Remove cases before serving. Cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.


3 comments:

Fond Beads said...

Hi Jo, its me...Chai....I love your mini cheesecake, looks delicious & I am sure its yummy, when will I ever get to taste it? Ok ok...I am just too lazy to bake it...hehehe...

Chai Hwee

Jo said...

hi, no prob... u want to host tea - i'll make some and bring to your place. :)

Marianna said...

these look so great! I keep telling myself I have to make cheesecakes in cute mini shapes like yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails